Steps to effectively prevent genital herpes
Genital herpes is a prevalent sexually transmitted disease (STD) that results in herpetic sores. These are painful blisters, which might break open anytime and the fluid inside the blisters oozes out. The genital herpes photos can give you a clear picture of what the blisters look like. There are two types of viruses that cause genital herpes:
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-1)
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-2)
These viruses enter the body of the humans through the mucous membranes, which are thin layers of tissues lining the openings of the body. Once these viruses enter the body, they adapt to the environments very quickly and easily. At the same time, they rapidly multiply, which makes their treatment extremely difficult. This can be made clear by referring to pictures of genital herpes.
Steps for prevention
As genital herpes is very difficult to treat, it is best to take effective measures for the prevention of the disease. The steps are described below:
- You should always have protected sex using a condom. Care should be taken that the condom covers the area if you are infected or avoid intercourse altogether.
- Always ask your partner if they ever had any of the STDs. The reason behind this is a person is more likely to have genital herpes if they have a history of STDs.
- Both the partners should be clear of what genital herpes is before having sex where there are high chances of spreading the virus. They can refer to some of the genital herpes photos for a clear understanding.
- Limiting the number of sexual partners is a very good way of preventing the disease.
- Before having sex, you should consider asking your partner about their sexual history since having many partners have higher chances of being exposed to the herpes virus.
- You should make sure not to have sex with anyone who has sores in their genitals.
If you think you have been infected, check genital herpes pictures to make sure and consult your doctor immediately.