12 common causes of skin rash you ought to know about
There are innumerable causes of skin rashes. Zeroing in on one will be difficult. However, you can refer to skin rash photos that are widely available online to understand what exactly has caused the skin rash.
Although looking at skin rash photos available online can give a fair idea of what is affecting your skin, it is best to consult a dermatologist and receive immediate medical attention. In case you notice rashes on your skin, the following can give you a little hint regarding what caused the rash to appear on your skin:
- Bites and stings: Insect bites and stings cause rashes on your skin. The reaction and the symptoms vary based on the insect and the affected individual as well.
- Fleabites: Flea bite rashes are quite common, and they appear reddish.
- Eczema: A common skin condition, the symptoms include dry, scaly skin and severe itching.
- Ringworm: A fungal skin infection, the symptoms include itchy, reddish rashes that are circular.
- Yeast infection or candidiasis: It is a common infection that mainly affects the genital regions. The symptoms include soreness, pain and itching, burning sensation and irritating rashes.
- Fifth disease: It is also known as erythema infectiosum and is caused by parvovirus B19. The symptoms of this disease include blotchy red rashes on the cheeks.
- Impetigo: This is a highly contagious skin condition that affects children. The signs of this disease are red, itchy patches that appear on the skin.
- Shingles: This is caused by a virus named varicella-zoster, which is the same virus that causes chicken pox. It infects the nerves and causes painful rashes on the skin.
- Measles: It is a contagious disease caused by the rubeola virus. The symptoms include the appearance of reddish-brown rashes and small grayish-white spots with bluish-white centers in the mouth.
- Lyme disease: It is a bacterial infection caused due to the bite of an infected tick. The symptoms include rashes that often appear in the earlier stages of the disease.
- Lupus: It is an autoimmune disease, which means that the immune system attacks healthy tissues. Rashes, especially on the cheeks, are common symptoms.
- Dengue fever: It is transmitted by mosquitoes. One of the earliest symptoms includes large patches of rashes that appear all over the body.
Skin rash pictures are essential for understanding which rash you are suffering from. Scrutinize skin rash photos and your rash to help your doctor diagnose your condition.